Servicing Napa and Sonoma Valley | Call us today at (707) 256-3555
We provide professional childcare
Nanny Care for over 12 weeks
Grapevine Placement Agency is proud to offer an extensive schedule of professional placements for your home and lifestyle including professional nannies, mother’s helpers, and other domestic help.
A nanny is a professional childcare provider who works in a private home on a full or part-time basis providing top quality care to infants and children.
Nannies employed with Grapevine Placement Agency are experienced, able to take charge of any household and are considered to be professional child-care providers. Some nannies also have specialized training in child development. Depending on our client’s needs, nannies may do light housekeeping, but their main focus is to care for children whether it be playing with them, helping them with homework or general care. Although nannies have duties that are typically those of a parent, they are not meant to be substitute parents and don’t consider themselves to be. A childcare provider bases this company on the fundamental notion that a parent is the most important person in a child’s life and they could never be replaced.
A Mother’s Helper is a childcare provider who works in a private home on a full or part-time basis providing assistance to a stay-at-home parent or parent who has professional, philanthropic or social commitments, which require childcare on a daily basis.
While the terms “ nanny” and “mother’s helper” are generally used interchangeably, there are differences among the two. Usually, mother’s helpers tend to lack the more specialized training of a nanny. Mother’s helpers generally work up to 45 hours per week. They can do light housekeeping, but their focus is working with the children, which they are also capable of doing other agreed upon duties that allow a parent to spend more time with their children. They can be in charge of the household, but they are not to be left in charge for extended periods of time.
Our process consists of:
- To begin a search, simply contact our office at (707) 256-3555 or e-mail for a family application and fee service contract with our fees and terms.
- Send in your family application and the client & agency agreement. When we receive the agreement confirming your understanding of our terms and agreement to pay our fees, our search for the perfect candidate will begin.
- A personal, in-depth interview will be scheduled so that we can determine your family’s specific needs.
- A selection of candidates will be compiled for your consideration. In order to save time, most clients prefer that the candidate pool is narrowed down to those that would best fulfill the needs of the family. Your family will receive the profiles of each potential candidate to look over, and we will schedule personal interviews with the candidates that you would like to meet.
- Once you have identified the ideal candidate, we recommend scheduling a 2-5 day trial working period in order for you and the candidate to make sure that it’s a good fit.
- We will then be completing the background checks for criminal & civil charges, previous employment and personal references, verification of driver’s license, DMV driving record, and vehicle insurance and social security traces. We will make sure that the candidate is currently certified for infant/child CPR and first aid and submit their fingerprints to Live Scan for TrustLine certification.
- Assistance in providing a family & candidate contract customized to your specific job description.
- 90-day replacement guarantee.
Long-term employment is employment for a period of 12 weeks or more. Long-term employment includes both part-time and full-time placements. Long-term employment also includes both live-in and live-out placements. Part-time is defined as an employment arrangement for 30 hours per week or less. Full-time is defined as an employment arrangement greater than 30 hours per week.
- All families must pay a non-refundable registration fee of $300 at the registration meeting. This is the time in which the search for your perfect childcare provider begins.
- The full-time placement fee of 15% of the candidate’s gross annual compensation ($5,000 minimum) is due once there has been either an oral or written offer to the nanny. The part-time placement fee of 15% of the candidate’s gross annual compensation ($3,500 minimum) is due once there has been either an oral or written offer to the nanny. The live-in placement fee of 15% of the candidate’s gross annual compensation ($5,000 minimum) is due once there has been either an oral or written offer to the nanny.
Salaries depend on the family’s needs and circumstances as well as the caregiver’s experience. The hourly pay scale is from $25 to $50 per hour.
To book a nanny, for more information or to discuss your childcare needs, please call our office at (707) 256-3555 or email us using our contact us form.
If you are ready to get started with our Long Term Placement Services, fill out the Family Application and someone will contact you shortly.
For a last-minute request after business hours please call (707) 312-0620.
Contact Travel’n Tots for a wide variety of equipment rentals including cribs, highchairs, car seats, accessories and more!